Basis of Multani Sohan Halwa
Sughats / 02-Dec-2021 || 01:25 PM
Basis of Multani Sohan Halwa
This article highlights the basis of Multani Sohan Halwa, its different flavors and the recipe of the winter sughat. Multani Sohan Halwa is prepared by the best dairy products. It was founded in 1930 and started by a person named Hafiz Ahmed Din. His passion of making best sohan halwa of all over the Pakistan and he is producing the healthiest and finest Halwa from the last 82 years in Multan. Multani Sohan Halwa is the only sweet that received American quality award due to the quality of Halwa and standard maintenance. In 1930 Hafiz Ahmed Din, a teacher of Quran (Holy book of Muslim) began preparing a daily serving of halwa as his students learnt the day’s lesson. In the beginning it was for a limited circle of people which includes his close friends and a small community where he used to live. By his talent Hafiz Ahmed Din became very famous in no time and by this he started earning for living as well.
Multani Sohan Halwa and its Flavor:
Multani Sohan Halwa many flavor such as Akhroi Halwa (single akhroi, double akhroti), Badmi Halwa, Pistachio Halwa, Kajo Sohan Halwa, or other flavor of Sohan Halwa (Pista, Giri, Kajo, Zafran) you may enjoy at home the same flavor and taste.
Hafiz halwa have a good packing and it's packing change with time to time. They try to make their halwa’s quality better and their product sales are too much. Most of the people buy sohan halwa and send the boxes to their relatives and friends that are in other cities as a gift.
Most of our friends are from abroad and they want to try to buy this. If someone of their relatives is from Pakistan they can contact them or they can look near to the pakistani sweets shop around them. If there is not shop then don't worry friends you can order it online.i have shared the recipe of Multani sohan halwa at the end of the article. You can try it to our own at home.
Recipe of Multani Sohan Halwa:
Many people demand for the recipe of Sohan Halwa. As many of the people try to make this at home but this is not the hand of everyone to make it perfect. Only the best people in cooking can make good Halwa.
- Milk 1 liter.
- White flour/ Maida 6 tbsp.
- Samak (grain) / Wheat grains 2 tbsp.
- Sugar 1 cup.
- Green cardamom with skin 12 grind.
- Clarified butter 2 tbsp.
- Almond (At the end).
- Pistachio (At the end).
- Soak whole grain of wheat and samak for 24 hours and dry it and grind it into powder.
- Mix ground samak and white flour along in dry form.
- Boil milk and add flour in it and stir it by hand whisk, do not cook too much otherwise it could be lumpy.
- Afterward immediately add 1/2 tablespoon of lemon salt and curdle milk then the water and milk will get separated.
- Don't mix much so that the grain remains solid.
- Cook on medium, when the color is changed add 1 cup sugar and green cardamom powder.
- Stir it slowly.
- Add 2 tablespoon pure clarified butter and cook until oil come out on the surface and sohan halwa form hard texture into brown color.
- Remove and set like 1-inch-thick sheet and cool it at room temperature.
- Spread the Almonds and pistachio on it so that the Sweet looks amazing.
- Then serve it to others and enjoy with tea or coffee.